- Optical Network
- Fiber Equipment
- Fiber Optic Test
- Data & Telecom
- CATV & RF Signal
Noyes Optical Fiber Identifiers are rugged, handheld, and easy-to-use fiber optic test instruments designed to detect optical signals transmitted through a single-mode fiber without disrupting traffic. During installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration; it is often necessary to isolate a sp
Noyes Optical Fiber Identifiers are rugged, handheld, and easy-to-use fiber optic test instruments designed to detect optical signals transmitted through a single-mode fiber without disrupting traffic. During installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration; it is often necessary to isolate a specific fiber. By simply clamping an Optical Fiber Identifier onto a gently bent fiber, the unit will indicate if there is [No Signal], [Tone], or [Traffic] and identify signal direction.
The OFI 400 model Identifier is equipped with a unique two-position head design that can be configured to work with 250 祄, 900 祄, ribbon, or jacketed fiber in seconds, without tools or adjustments. When testing coated fibers, the slim design of the OFI 400 model allows easier access on a splice tray where the amount of work space is limited. The clamping trigger is ergonomically designed to fit the natural motion of the operator’s hand. A high impact molded plastic case makes the OFI 400 model suitable for use outside plant or in the central office.
The OFI 400 model Identifier is the next generation of Noyes Optical Fiber Identifiers. It has all the features of the OFI 200 model plus easy-to-read LCD display with Backlight, multiple [TONE] signal detection (270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, or 2 kHz), power saving feature, and [Set Reference] feature. The OFI 400 model also measures and displays fiber core power or relative power on an LCD display.
The OFI 400 model Identifier is battery operated with the battery indication feature and performs thousands of tests before batteries replacement is necessary.
Image: As shown below
Model: NOYES OFI 400
Producing Area: Made in
* Rugged, handheld, lightweight
* Accepts 250祄 and 900祄 coated fiber,
* No head swapping or adjustments
* Identifies light carrying fiber
* Low insertion loss - traffic remains uninterrupted
* Indicates direction of traffic
* Indicates Tone signal visually and audibly
* 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, and 2 kHz Tone detection
* Easy-to-read LCD display with Backlight
* Measures fiber core or relative power
* Power Off and Set Reference feature
* Low battery indication
* Low cost, easy to use
Specifications: Click Here to learn more.
* Live fiber identification - used during installation, maintenance, rerouting, or restoration to positively identify fibers prior to cutting and splicing
* Tone detection
* The OFI 400 models may also be used for measuring core power or relative power